Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Code ...

Okay, so now you have an inkling of my "buzz blog" about being a Buzzard Belle. It is my sarcastic look at life ... surviving those events which kick you in the tail feathers, make your beak start to quiver, and generally make you want to crawl back into the egg from which you were hatched.

Presently, there are six Buzzard Belles ... three charter members, and three who -- based upon our friendships and their survival traits -- were quickly allowed into the brood. We nest in different states and different cities, are different ages, have different educations and occupations, and have different family dynamics. And for right now, this brood remains at six ... we have voted to not even grant membership to our own daughters!

Now, there are lots of qualities which make up the character of every Belle. Each of us has her own story and events which have ruffled her feathers. We have all flown into strong winds and rough weather, have seen our nests fall apart, and have lost and gained some feathers on this journey called life.

Our "code" is simple:

I am a "Buzzard Belle."
I have survived the circling buzzards.
My wings may be showing hints of gray, my tail feathers may be getting wider, and I have certainly been plucked over.
However, I am proud, I am thriving, and I am flying high.

Like I said ... simple, sort of up there with "don't sweat the small stuff," and "BRING IT ON!" We're tough birds, veterans of life, and their aint much these Belles haven't seen, or done, or survived.


... and the buzzards keep circling!



No comments: